Phish won’t likely announce their summer schedule until Trey finishes touring in March. Perhaps that estimate is off by a little, but it doesn’t seem that any word is coming imminently. During the off-season, I only report legitimate rumors from reliable sources. But today, just for the fun of discussion, I figured I’d throw out some of the random buzz that I’ve heard from various sources that are not my connects. Take them with a grain of salt, folks, this is more of a fun than predictive Thursday exercise.
1. Hampton for Memorial Day weekend is not happening.
2. The July 1-3 festival at Watkins Glen will end a nationwide tour that skips the Northeast.
3. Phish will play in Florida in June, specifically, West Palm Beach.
4. Phish will return to Alpharetta for multiple nights.
5. The end of tour will go Alpine > Deer Creek > Star Lake > Watkins Glen.
6. Hampton for Memorial Day weekend is happening.
7. Red Rocks – June 17 and 18
8. Phish will hit the west coast again, but to what extent is the real question. All I’ve heard is Shoreline.
9. The Gorge with DMB on Labor Day weekend. Say it ain’t so!
10. Northeast Leg II? No Leg II?
Jam of the Day:
Though the latter two thirds of Merriweather’s set opening combo made it to an archives show, for some reason the best part of the trio was left out. Check out the seamless segment in full right here.
DOWNLOAD OF THE DAY:
11.16.1990 Campus Club, Providence, Rhode Island SBD
Let’s stick with the early-90s soundboard theme for the entire week. Enjoy this November 1990 relic that is laced with teases of several TV show themes.
I: Suzy Greenberg, Buried Alive, Foam, You Enjoy Myself, Magilla, Llama, The Divided Sky, Golgi Apparatus
II: The Landlady, Mike’s Song > Hydrogen >Weekapaug Groove, Lawn Boy, Tube, Paul and Silas, The Lizards, Runaway Jim, I Didn’t Know, Possum
E: Contact, Fire
Source: SBDTags: 2011, Rumors, Summer 2011